Julia Childs Croque Monsieur with Caviar
- 16 1/4 inches thick slices of bread
- 8 ounces of gruyere cheese, slice 1/8 inch thick
- 16 ounces of smoked salmon
- 1-1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1-1/2 tablespoon of fresh chives (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces of caviar
- 1 stick of butter (softened)
Place six slices of cheese and six slices of salmon on bread and sprinkle with chives and lemon zest. Spread a little caviar onto each sandwich and close with the remaining slices of bread. Butter the outside of all sandwiches.
Preheat a saute pan over medium flame. Add the sandwiches, cheese side down, and saute for 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Flip, and saute the other side. Cut sandwiches in a diagonal and serve immediately.
Return to Julia Childs Recipes, Croque Monsieur Recipe.
© Cheers-all-Year.com - http://www.cheers-all-year.com