How to Make Hummus
- 1 can (16 ounces) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds (or 2 tablespoons of tahini)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon, freshly squeezed (or 2 tablespoons of juice)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Pita bread or raw vegetables for serving
Either toast sesame seeds fresh and grind in a spice grinder, or use 2 tablespoons of Tahiti.
Place beans, ground sesame seeds or Tahiti, garlic, onion, and lemon juice in a food processor and blend on high until ingredients are well blended.
Blend in olive oil if a creamy consistency is desired. Serve with pita bread or raw vegetables.
Return to How to Make Hummus
© Cheers-all-Year.com - http://www.cheers-all-year.com