Easy Guacamole Recipe
- 4 avocados
- 2 jalapenos, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 lemons freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- tortilla chips for serving
Cut avocados in half length-wise. Remove the pit by stabbing it with a knife and twisting slightly...it will easily fall out of the avocado.
Dice the avocado while it's still in the shell, being careful not to cut through the skin. Scoop the avocado from its shell into a bowl. Add the other diced ingredients and mash together until the desired consistency is reached.
Place in a serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips. If you don't serve the guacamole immediately it will turn brown. To prevent this, place plastic wrap directly on the dip. Press out any air bubbles that would allow the avocado to oxidize.
An alternative to the plastic wrap is to squeeze a lemon over the guacamole, forming a thin layer of juice on top.
Return to Easy Guacamole Recipe
© Cheers-all-Year.com - http://www.cheers-all-year.com