Themed-Party-Ideas Easy Brunch Menu
- Potato and bacon frittata
- French toast
- Fruit platter served with creme fraiche or plain Greek Yogurt
- Fresh squeezed orange juice
- Bloody Marys and mimosas
- 3 small red potatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons of diced onions
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 5 Kalamata olives minced (optional)
- 4-5 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper
Directions: In an iron skillet, cook bacon until done. Remove bacon and chop, but leave grease in skillet and add potatoes, onion and garlic.
Cook potatoes in grease over medium heat until onions are translucent. Spread potato mixture evenly across the skillet. Add Kalamata olives if desired.
In a medium bowl whisk milk, eggs, and 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese together. Add salt and pepper.
Pour over potato mixture and reduce heat to low. Cook for about five minutes until eggs are almost done.
Sprinkle remainder of the cheese over the eggs and finish in the oven for an additional 1-2 minutes under the broiler until cheese and eggs are just browned on top. Watch carefully that the eggs don't burn as the broiler can cook very fast.
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 6 slices of white, wheat, or fruit bread
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of orange juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of real vanilla, or spiced rum (optional)
- Maple syrup or cinnamon sugar
Directions: Whisk milk, eggs, orange juice, and vanilla in a baking dish. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Soak bread slices for about a minute and place soaked toast into the skillet. Lift edge of toast with a spatula to check when one side is done and flip to cook other side.
Toast can be kept warm in oven set at 200 degrees while making other slices. Provide butter, maple syrup or cinnamon sugar for a final touch.
Fruit platter with plain yogurt or fresh cream:
Select several types of fresh fruit and berries that add a variety of color to your platter. Fruits such as strawberries, blackberries, kiwi, and fresh pineapple make a nice display. Offer cream fresh or unsweetened plain yogurt to balance the sweetness of the fruit.
For drinks, offer a selection of beverages including coffee, fresh squeezed orange juice, Bloody Marys, and mimosas.
Bloody Mary Ingredients:
- 1 1/2 ounces of vodka
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce to taste
- Tabasco to taste
- 1 celery stick for garnish
- 1 lemon wedge for garnish
Fill a martini shaker with the vodka, tomato juice, Worcestershire, lemon juice, Tabasco, salt and pepper to taste, and 1/2 cup crushed ice. Shake and strain into a tall glass filled with ice cubes. Garnish with a celery stick or a lemon wedge.
- 1 bottle Champagne and 1 carton of orange juice combined and served in champagne flutes.
Return to New Year's Food Traditions, Easy Brunch Menu
© Cheers-all-Year.com - http://www.cheers-all-year.com