Hot Anchovy Canapes
- 2 cans (4 ounces) flat anchovy fillets
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or flavored vinegar
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 to 10 slices of fresh French bread 1/2 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon parsley, finely chopped
Drain the oil off the anchovies and reserve. Place anchovies in a heavy bowl with the garlic and tomato paste. Muddle with a pestle or wooden spoon until the ingredients are pureed. Add the oil a few drop at a time until the mixture is thick yet smooth. Stir in lemon juice and add pepper to taste.
Toast the bread in a toaster oven slightly, then spread the anchovy mixture on the bread, pressing it into the crevices of the bread. Arrange the bread on a toaster oven baking sheet or a piece of sturdy foil and bake in the toaster oven for 10 minutes, or until anchovies are well warmed. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Return to Anchovy Canape Recipes.
© Cheers-all-Year.com - http://www.cheers-all-year.com